Is Pollen in Your Pool?
Pollen can be identified as such:
- Pollen tends to stick to the pool tile at the waterline
- Pollen will also stick to the inside of your skimmer
- Pollen on the surface is easily wind blown into a corner
What’s Wrong With Pollen?
Besides the allergy issues, pollen in the pool can upset your pool water chemistry and clog up filtration systems.
- Accumulates inside of skimmer walls and along tile line
- Oily pollen particles clog tiny pores in pool filter media
- Can mix with dirt to form ugly water line scum and stains
- Pollen contains phosphates, bacteria and other organics
Removing Pollen from Your Pool
Eventually the pollen will filter out on its own, but if you want to speed the process along, there are ways to remove pollen from a pool very quickly.
7-ways to Remove Pollen from Pools
- Natural Chemistry First Aid; a blend of classifiers and enzymes
- The Slime Bag; heavy fabric filter bag attaches to pool wall return
- The Skim Bag; heavy fabric filter bag drops into skimmer basket
- Filter Savers; fine mesh socks stretch over skimmer or pump baskets
- Jack’s Magic Fiber Filter Stuff as a filter aid to improve performance
Some Reference: intheswim
Contact us today to request a quote or schedule a pool cleaning.